0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
2,046 $
11 DAYS UNTIL THE END OF OCTOBER 2020

Yemen’s Ansar Allah Reveals New Details About 2019 Abqaiq–Khurais attack

Donate

Brig. Gen. Yahya Sari, a spokesman for the Houthis (Ansar Allah), revealed on September 18 new details about the Abqaiq-Khurais attack.

In a conference, the spokesman stressed once again that the attack on oil facilities in the Saudi areas of Abqaiq and Khurais was carried out by the Yemeni group, showing an aerial image of Abqaiq plant that was supposedly taken by the group’s intelligence before the attack.

Yemen's Ansar Allah Reveals New Details About 2019 Abqaiq–Khurais attack

The Houthis’ image on the right side.

Brig. Yahya Sari went on to accuse the U.S. of attempting to play down the results of the operation and manipulating the facts.

“The American tried to minimize the operation. We assure you today that the destruction of the targeted facilities is far greater than what was acknowledged … The American tried to publish fabricated pictures of the aftermath of the operation as part of its attempts to minimize it,” the spokesman said.

As for the operation details, the spokesman revealed that the attack was launched from three different positions within Yemen. New Qasef-3 unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) took off from the first position, the long-range Samad-3 UAVs took off from the second and what he described as “jet-powered UAVs” were launched from the last position.

Yemen's Ansar Allah Reveals New Details About 2019 Abqaiq–Khurais attack

Click to see the full-size image

The spokesman said that other UAVs were used as decoys to distract and jam Saudi air-defense systems and radars.

The Samad-3 UAV was revealed during the recent Martyr Saleh al-Samad Exhibition for Yemeni Military Industries. However, Qasef-3 and the mysterious jet-powered UAVs have not been presented, so far.

Brig. Yahya Sari concluded his conference with a threat to the UAE, saying that the Houthis’ Air Force and Missile Force could target Abu Dhabi or Dubai at any give moment.

The Houthis conference appears to be a response to an earlier press conference held by the Saudi Ministry of Defence. The ministry showcased debris of missiles and drones used in Abqaiq-Khurais attack, claiming that they were not launched from Yemen.

More on this topic:

Donate

SouthFront

Do you like this content? Consider helping us!