The Houthis (Ansar Allah) announced on March 4 that they had carried out two new attacks on high-value targets in Saudi Arabia.
In the first attack, the Houthis launched a Qasef-2K suicide drone at a “sensitive target” at King Khalid Air Base in the southern Saudi province of ‘Asir. Brig. Gen. Yahya Sari, a spokesman for the Yemeni group, claimed that the attack was successful.
The second attack, which was announced a hour later, targeted a facility of Saudi Arabia’s oil giant Aramco near the western city of Jeddah on the Red Sea. Brig. Gen. Yahya Sari claimed that the facility was “accurately hit.”
“This attack came as a natural and legitimate response to the continuation of the brutal siege and aggression against our dear people,” the spokesman said.
From its side, the Saudi-led coalition said that its air-defense forces intercepted a ballistic missile and a drone which were launched by the Houthis from Yemen.
The coalition refers to any high-speed projectile launched from Yemen, whether a tactical missile, a rocket or a cruise missile, as a “ballistic missile.”
The Houthis stepped up their attacks on Saudi Arabia recently. Last week, the group launched a ballistic missile and 16 drones at targets in the Saudi capital, Riyadh, as well as in the Kingdom’s southern region. The large-scale attack was called “Operation Deterrent Balance 5.”
- Military Situation In Yemen On March 3, 2021 (Map Update)
- In Video: Saudi Forces Intercept Drones Launched By Houthis