Houthis Launch “Ballistic Missile” At Millitary Camp In Southern Saudi Arabia

Donate

Houthis Launch “Ballistic Missile” At Millitary Camp In Southern Saudi Arabia

Illustrative image

The Yemeni Missiles Force [loyal to the Houthis] announced on August 30 that it had launched a Badir-1 “ballistic missile” at a newly-established camp of the Saudi military in the southern Saudi province of Najran. Last week, a similar camp in the same province was targeted by the Yemeni Missiles Force.

The Badir-1, which was first revealed on March 22, is in fact a locally-made copy of the Iranian-made solid fuel artillery rocket, Fajir-3. The rocket has a high accuracy and a speed over 4,5 Mach, according to the Yemeni Missiles Force.

Minutes after the Yemeni Missiles Force announcement, a spokesman of the Saudi-led coalition, Colonel Turki al-Malaki, said that the Royal Saudi Air Defense Force (RSAD) tracked and intercepted a “ballistic missile” of the Houthis, which was heading towards Najran. Col al-Malaki added that debris from the interception injured seven civilians, including foreigners.

“The missile was heading towards the city of Najran and was deliberately launched to target civilian and populated areas. The Royal Saudi Air Defense Force (RAF) managed to intercept and destroy the missile,” the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) quoted Col. al-Malaki as saying.

According to the Saudi-led coalition, the Houthis have launched 184 ballistic missiles at Saudi Arabia since the outbreak of the Yemeni war. Even after three years, the coalition remains unable to neutralize this threat.

Donate

SouthFront

Do you like this content? Consider helping us!

  • ruca

    I doubt they tracked and intercepted a Mach 4.5 missile with yankee gear.

    • Icarus Tanović

      They only talk to talk, never shows any real evidence.

      • Barba_Papa

        Yeah, but so do the Houthis. While it pains me to say, as I loath the Saudis, until I see actual evidence of massive craters and shitloads of dead Saudis I err on the side of caution, as I think that intercepting a single missile is within the abilities of yankee gear.

        What the Houthis need to do is launch Macros levels of missile spam, as Hezbollah did in 2006 against Israel. Overwhelm the yankee gear of the Saudis and rain death down upon them. And stop doing this single missile easily to intercept chickenshit thing. And if they can’t do that, then use their meagre resources for more useful things. Like more IEDs and ambush attacks.

        • Njegos Maljevic

          “until I see actual evidence of massive craters and shitloads of dead Saudis ”
          Well you can not expect to see anything similar for two reasons, either it isn’t happening or if it does, Saudis won’t show to the public any of that!

          Houties are doing incredible job just with their partisan tactics and “shitloads” of Saudi army tech and personal are destroyed so far!

        • Ken Nonickname Nonecknom Under

          It says in the article the Saudis admitted some people were injured. :)

        • Icarus Tanović

          I’d agree with you. One rocket, bah as you said chickenshit. Let’s see what is gonna happen if they rain down 300 of these down the American, KSa, Uk shit holes.
          Also, target UAE’s famous PALM ISLAND!

        • VGA

          They are costing the saudis a lot of money operating those Patriots and spending those expensive missiles. Launching missile salvos won’t do much, their accuracy and reliability is low.

          Better to launch 1-2 here and there …

      • chris chuba

        Not certain how they can collect evidence unless they have drones or operatives at the target site.

        At the very least, the Saudis had to use a minimum of two Patriot missiles to shoot down the Badir, possibly four. I don’t know what costs more. The Patriot missiles are not cheap.

  • VeeNarian (Yerevan)

    Nice to see very warm welcome being given to the KSA head-chopper alliance.

  • Nigel Maund

    To convenient a statement by the KSA Military. At Mach 4.5 not much chance of an interception as several readers have noted. Also, no published proof of such an interception so I guess they’re hiding the facts from their populace in case of protests against this war of genocide which may, like Afghanistan and Vietnam go on for many years bleeding the KSA financially white in the process. “The House of Saud” is living on borrowed time, like all corrupted despots. Revolution is merely a matter of when not if.