0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
1,333 $
SEPTEMBER 2020

Houthis Claim More Than 40 Saudi-Backed Fighters Killed In New Ballistic Missile Strike

Donate

Dozens of Saudi-backed fighters were killed in a new ballistic missile strike on a position near the Saudi border, the Houthis claimed on July 10.

The Yemeni group’s spokesman, Brig. Gen. Yahya Sari, said that the Yemeni Missile Force had launched a Badir-F precision-guided tactical ballistic missile at a gathering of Saudi-led coalition troops near the Yemeni area of Albuqa, south of Saudi Arabia’s Najran. The spokesman claimed that 45 Saudi-backed fighters were killed in the attack.

“Ambulances were spotted transporting the dead and wounded to hospitals in Najran amid a state of confusion and panic among the forces of aggression,” Brig. Gen. Sari said.

The Badir-F does have a range of 160km with a high-accuracy. The ballistic missile is armed with a heavy high-explosive fragmentation [HE-FRAG] warhead equipped with a laser proximity fuze, which allow it to explode over its designated target.

Houthis Claim More Than 40 Saudi-Backed Fighters Killed In New Ballistic Missile Strike

Click to see full-size image

Badir-F entered active service with the Yemeni Missile Force on April 16. However, it was showcased few days ago only at the Saleh al-Samad Exhibition for Yemeni Military Industries.

Houthis Claim More Than 40 Saudi-Backed Fighters Killed In New Ballistic Missile Strike

FILE IMAGE: A brief look at BADR-F missile

The Saudi-led coalition has not commented on the new strike, so far. Usually, this means that the missile hit its target.

More on this topic:

Donate

SouthFront

Do you like this content? Consider helping us!