The defense of Saudi-backed forces in central Yemen officially collapsed.
On February 18, the Houthis (officially known as Ansar Allah) captured Marib Dam, located in a close proximity to Marib city.
The city remains the last major stronghold of Saudi-backed forces in Marib province and central Yemen itself. The nearing fall of the city into the hands of the Houthis marks the developing collapse of Saudi-backed forces across the entire country.
The Saudi-led intervention and the war on Yemen turned into a disaster for Riyadh and now the Kingdom is fiercely searching for ways to somehow contain the growing losses.
A brief overview of the recent developments in Yemen:
- The Liaison and Coordination Officers’ Operations Room (loyal to Ansar Allah) reported 161 ceasefire violations in al-Hudaydah during the past 24 hours;
- On February 17, Saudi-led coalition warplanes conducted 2 airstrikes on the Haradh area;
- On February 17, Saudi-led coalition warplanes conducted 4 airstrikes on the Zaher area;
- On February 17, Ansar Allah captured the Marib dam;
- On February 18, clashes between Ansar Allah and Saudi-led forces continued in the Talaat al-Hamra and Kasarat area.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Military Situation In Yemen On February 17, 2021 (Map Update)
- A Saudi-Israeli Love Story Spanning Millennia