They took complete control of the strategic road that leads to the entrance of Al-Khubah
On Tuesday, January 26, it is reported that, the Yemeni Army’s Republican Guard forces and the Houthis carried out another powerful assault on the Saudi Royal Army at the city of Al-Khubah, inside the Asir Governorate of southern Saudi Arabia. Report says the Yemeni Army’s Republican Guard forces have seized several military posts by killing many coalition fighters.
Local sources in northern Yemen told the reporters that the Republican Guard forces and the Houthis advanced to Al-Khubah’s gates after they took complete control of the strategic road that leads to the entrance of the city.
This powerful assault launched by the Houthis and the Yemeni Army’s Republican Guard had been attempted to repel by the Saudi-led Coalition forces. However, coalition’s forces have been hesitating to advance, despite having US and Israel made the superior weapons and air force.
According to some UN experts, Saudi Arabia’s 10-month war on Yemen has violated the humanitarian law. The experts also urged the UN Security Council to investigate the violations since over 8,300 people have been killed so far in Riyadh’s offensive that began in March last year against Yemen.