Hezbollah will destroy any Israeli brigade that would dare to enter Lebanon in the face of the entire world, the Lebanese group’s Secretary General Hasan Nasrallah vowed on May 1 at an event to commemorate the death of Hezbollah’s former military chief, Mustafa Badreddine.
“On the third anniversary of Sayyed Badreddine’s martyrdom we reiterate our promise that all Israeli brigades which will enter Lebanon will be destroyed before the eyes of mainstream media and the entire world.” Nasrallah said, according to the al-Manar TV.
The Lebanese leader also slammed recent reports by U.S., European and Gulf state outlets on the possibility of an Israeli war on Lebanon, calling them “a psychological war.”
“O Lebanese don’t allow any side to intimidate you. You are not weak. Lebanon has a real power … Despite our points of weakness, the resistance’s readiness has not been affected despite the harsh sanctions imposed against us,” Nasrallah said.
He added: “Israel doesn’t dare to get into besieged Gaza… Will it dare to get into Lebanon?”
Last month, several outlets reported that France had warned Lebanon that Israel could attack precision-guided rockets of Hezbollah. According to the London-based al-Hayat newspaper, Paris believes that the Lebanese government should take steps to ensure that such advanced systems will not have a presence in the country.
These reports are indeed a form of psychological warfare, as Nasrallah had suggested. However, the chances of an Israeli attack on Lebanon remain high, especially with the unlimited support that Tel Aviv is getting from US President Donald Trump’s administration.