On August 8, Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah said at a ceremony to commemorate two of Hezbollah commanders who were killed in Syria that the US is delaying the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) battle against ISIS. Nasrallah also accused the US Air Force of preventing the SAA from advancing in some areas.
“The American air force in some areas prevents the Syrian army and its allies from advancing in areas controlled by Islamic State… The Americans are working to hinder the battle against Islamic State,” said Nasrallah.
Nasrallah also said that if ISIS remaines in the Syrian desert than it will “hit again and resume its campaign of massacre and terror.” Nasrallah even said that the US did not want the Lebanese army to fight ISIS on the Syrian-Lebanese border.
Regarding the reports about new US sanctions against Hezbollah, Nasrallah said that “the US decision to sanction Hezbollah is bigger than Lebanon”.
Moreover, Nasrallah stressed that he supports the ongoing Lebanese efforts to defend the Lebanese economy from the US sanctions. Hezbollah leader added that the US sanction will not affect Hezbollah decision to face the US aggression in the region.
As Nasrallah said, the US sanction will likely have no effect what so ever on Hezbollah. Previously Hezbollah leader said that they receive their money the way they receive their weapons, in a hint that Hezbollah smuggles its money into Lebanon.