On Saturday, Hezbollah released an official statement saying that hundreds of ISIS family members are still trapped in the Syrian desert because of US-led coalition warplanes.
The civilians were on their way from the Western Qalamoun region to al-Abukamal city in the southeastern Deir Ezzor countryside as a part of an evacuation deal between ISIS and Hezbollah.
According to the Hezbollah statement, the buses are carrying ISIS fighters but also hundreds of women, children and elderlies. The buses are even carrying injured civilians and some pregnant women. Hezbollah said that the buses can’t move. Moreover, US-led coalition warplanes bomb anyone approaching the buses.
Hezbollah warned that the civilians will end up dying if they were not allowed to move or at least offered humanitarian help.
Hezbollah added in the statement that it holds the US-led collation the responsibility if these people were bombed or died because of the US-led collation siege.
In the statement, Hezbollah stressed that it and the Syrian government are no more responsible for the safety of the buses that left the government-held areas. However, Hezbollah said that it will take care of the passengers of the 6 buses that are still in the government-held areas.
The statement doubted the motives of the US-led coalition. Hezbollah said that this behavior have nothing to do with fighting ISIS.
Hezbollah called on international organizations to help in solving this situation and to rescue the civilians there. So far, not a single humanitarian organization has offered help. However, days ago the US proposed a ceasefire in Raqqa city.
In August 2016, 2,000 civilians and hundreds of ISIS fighters withdrew from Minbij city under the eyes of the US-led collation, according to a deal with the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF).
In December 2016, the US said it couldn’t stop ISIS convoys heading to attack the historical Palmyra city because there was children with ISIS fighters.