Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) and the Fa Ithbatu Operations Room have reportedly reached a new agreement to resolve their conflict.
The new agreement, which was reached in the morning, is supposed to put an end to clashes between HTS and Fa Ithbatu in Greater Idlib.
Under the agreement, both groups accepted to the following conditions:
- A ceasefire will be implemented in the town of Arab Said and the al-Roug Valley, all checkpoints will be removed and the state of high-alert will be ended;
- Militants who live in Arab Said can stay in the town and keep their personal weapons;
- Any militant who wants to leave Arab Said can do this with his personal weapon;
- Militants who were accused of certain crimes will be tried in a court run by the Turkistan Islamic Party;
- Horas al-Din [one of Fa Ithbatu factions] should close its headquarters in Arab Said and shouldn’t establish any checkpoints in the town.
— مركز الأتارب الإعلامي (@alatareb) June 26, 2020
A few hours after signing the agreement, HTS attacked positions of Fa Ithbatu factions in northern Idlib and northern Lattakia. However, the agreement is still holding on.
The new agreement could hold on for the time being. However, tensions between HTS and Fa Ithbatu will not likely end soon. The conflict between the two sides could reignite at any moment.