In a sign of a near de-escalation, the Hamas Movement announced that it will cease rocket attacks on the Israeli capital until the midnight of March 15.
Abu Ubaida, a spokesman for Hamas’ military wing the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, said that rocket attacks on Tel Aviv will be halted for two hours, from 10:00 to 12:00 pm local time.
“By order of Chief of Staff [of the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades] Abu Khaled Muhammad al-Deif, the curfew on Tel Aviv and its outskirts is lifted for two hours, from 10:00 to 12:00 at night, after that, [Israelis] should return to stand on one leg,” the spokesman said in a statement.
Israel has not commented on Hamas’ announcement, yet. However, an Israeli official told Kann News that Tel Aviv is not discussing a ceasefire at the time.
Earlier today, a large rocket attack by the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades on Tel Aviv and its outskirts killed a civilian and injured dozens others. The attack was a response to an Israeli strike on the Gaza Strip that claimed the lives of ten people, including eight children.
Palestinian rocket fire has killed nine people in Israel, so far. Meanwhile, Israeli strikes killed 145 people, including 41 children and 23 women. More than 1,100 others were injured, per the Hamas-run Health Ministry in Gaza.
While Hamas announcement could be a sign of a near ceasefire, it may be meant as warning for a large-scale rocket attack on Tel Aviv at midnight.
- Hidden Causes And Apparent Results Of Gaza Crisis
- Israeli Military Claims It Foiled Drone Attack, Destroyed 20 Rocket Launchers In Gaza (Videos, Photos)