Russian and Syrian officials as well as witnesses of the alleged chemical attack that took place in Syria’s Douma on April 7, held a press conference in The Hague on April 26.
HINT: The US, the UK and France used the April 7 incident in Douma to justify their April 14 missile attack on Syria. MORE HERE
The preess conference included “Presentation by the representative of the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation with direct participants of the fake video produced by ‘White Helmets’ on 7th April 2018, in the Hospital of Douma”.
Major-General Igor Kirillov, the head of Russia’s Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Protection Troops, provided the following info:
- Russian experts had performed “a detailed analysis of the information on the ground”.
- No people injured or killed in the alleged chemical attack found.
- No witnesses that the alleged chemical attack took place found.
- Two gas cylinders, allegedly dropped by the government forces from helicopters, were found. The cylinders and the damage they supposedly caused did not fit the story of an airstrike entirely.
For example, one of the cylinders was not damaged:
- The cylinder was likely hauled by the “authors of the staged video”.
- The owner of the apartments where the cylinder was found pointed out that nobody had been there during the alleged chemical attack. No injured or killed people were found.
- An apartment below the rom with the cylinder was being used by its owner to breed chickens and all the livestock “made through the so-called chemical attack alive”.
- Russian servicemen also “uncovered a booby-trapped chemical laboratory and chemical stockpile in the city of Douma, which was liberated from the militants. They’ve been presumably used by the terrorists to manufacture toxic substances”.
- A cylinder similar to that filmed as a confirmation of the allged chemical attack was found in the militants’ laboratory.
- Russia brought a total of 17 witnesses of the incident, including 11-year-old Hassan Diab [filmed in the White Helmets video] and the Douma hospital staff, to The Hague;
- Hassan Diab, his father and hospital staff participated in the press conference;
- OPCW technical experts interviewed only 6 of 17 witnesses;
— Syricide (@Syricide) 19 April 2018
According to witnesses:
- Hospital staff: Some of the patients experienced respiratory problems but they were caused by heavy dust after the airstrikes. People filming the White Helmets’ video and screaming about chemical attack were not hospital staff or injured persons.
“There were people unknown to us who were filming the emergency care, they were filming the chaos taking place inside, and were filming people being doused with water. The instruments they used to douse them with water were originally used to clean the floors actually,” Ahmad Kashoi, an administrator of the emergency ward, said. “That happened for about an hour, we provided help to them and sent them home. No one has died. No one suffered from chemical exposure.”
- Hassan Diab and his father: Hassan was not affected by the chemical attack and was de-facto forced to participate in the video filming.
“We were at the basement and we heard people shouting that we needed to go to a hospital. We went through a tunnel. At the hospital they started pouring cold water on me,” the boy told the press conference.
Russian Permanent Representative to the OPCW Alexander Shulgin said that the entire event shown in the MSM was staged. He also criticized the OPCW attitude towards the witnesses of the April 7 incident:
“The others were ready too [for being interviewed], but the experts are sticking to their own guidelines. They’ve picked six people, talked to them, and said they were ‘completely satisfied’ with their account and did not have any further questions.”
Shulgin emphasized that new false-flag operations against Damascus are “possible, since our American partners are once again threatening to take military action against Syria, but we will not allow that.”
“We urge the OPCW technical secretariat and experts to make use of their time in Syria and examine the undercover underground chemical laboratories of the militants, the terrorists, who used them, as we believe, to produce chemical munitions, including those used for all kinds of false flag attacks,” Shulgin added.
After the briefing, Syria’s deputy envoy to the OPCW Ghassan Obaid once again pointed out, called on the OPCW to inspect the captured sites where chemical weapons and toxic materials were discovered.
The full video in English:
- The US, the UK, France and their allies boycotted the event.
- The UK’s ambassador to the OPCW branded the press conference a “stunt”. “The OPCW is not a theatre. Russia’s decision to misuse it is yet another Russian attempt to undermine the OPCW’s work,” he said.
- “This obscene masquerade does not come as a surprise from the Syrian government, which has massacred and gassed its own people for the last seven years,” France’s ambassador to the Netherlands, Philippe Lalliot said.
- The US has not commented on the press conference. However, State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert accused Russia and Syria of undermining the OPCW’s fact finding mission work in Douma.
Despite the obscene stunt by ?? and ?? to obstruct and tamper with the OPCW investigation in Duma, the @OPCW’s Fact Finding Mission is conducting an independent investigation into the April 7 CW attack. We denounce efforts by #Russia and #Syria to hide the facts. https://t.co/4cWdt8zg3z
— Heather Nauert (@statedeptspox) 26 April 2018