July 6 is a hard day for U.S. forces in Iraq. Few hours after U.S. embassy in Baghdad was targeted by suicide drones, a number of attacks hit American convoys in different Iraqi provinces.
The Iraqi resistance groups attacked four U.S. logistical convoys in with roadside bombs.
- This morning, a US logistical convoy was attacked with an IED in the Dhi Qar province.
- In several hours, two other logistical convoys were targeted in the Diwaniyah province.
- Later a similar attack was carried out in Alanbar governorate. Four improvised explosive devices (IEDs) targeted a U.S. logistics convoy in the city of Fallujah, east of Anbar province.
No casualties were reported.
No groups claimed responsibility for the attacks. Pro-Iranian groups are known to be behind them.
The repeated attacks on US-led coalition supply convoys are meant as a response to the to the assassination of Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, Deputy-Commander of Iraq’s Popular Mobilization Units, and Commander of Iran’s Quds Force, Qassim Soleimani.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Suicide Drone Targeted US Embassy In Baghdad Hours After Ain Al-Asad Base Targeted
- Iraqi “Resistance” Groups Blew Up Two US Supply Convoys (Video)