Four explosions rocked the towns of A’zaz, al-Bab, Tall Battal and Ghandoura in the Turkish-held Euphrates Shield (ES) area in northern Syria in the afternoon of July 27.
Enab Baladi, a pro-opposition outlet, said that the coordinated attacks killed at least two civilians and injured twenty-five others. The number of casualties could raise in the upcoming few hours.
“The four explosions took place in residential neighborhoods and near service and health centers, they resulted in extensive destruction in those neighborhoods, shops and centers. All of them [attacks] were carried out with booby-trapped motorcycles,” the outlet’s reporter in northern Aleppo said.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attacks, so far. However, some opposition activists accused Kurdish forces, as usual.
The ES area witnessed several deadly explosions this month. Almost all of them were reportedly carried out with booby-trapped motorcycles, which suggest that they were planned by the same side.
Despite the deteriorating security situation in their areas, the Turkish military and its proxies are yet to take any additional security measures.