An evacuation of the third batch of militants and their families from the northern Homs countryside pocket to Idlib governorate and the northern town of Jarabulus was delayed due to logistical problems, the Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA) reported on May 9.
The Hezbollah media wing in Syria said that more than 6,194 militants and civilians had been evacuated from northern Homs during the last few days under the reconciliation agreement, which was reached on May 2.
Despite the delay in the evacuation process, Free Syrian Army (FSA) groups in northern Homs continued handing over their weapons to the Syrian Arab Army (SAA), according to the SANA. The source said that the SAA had recovered a BMP-1 vehicle, 107mm rocket launcher, 14.5mm and 23mm heavy machineguns and several mortar canons on May 9.
During the last week, the militants handed over loads of heavy weapons to the SAA including six battle tanks, three BMP-1 armored vehicles, two Shilka vehicles along with anti-tank and anti-aircraft guided missiles.
Syrian pro-government sources believe that the evacuation process may not be finished this week because of limited number of buses and the bad weather.