On May 11, an evacuation of militants from the northern Homs countryside was resumed and more than 71 buses carrying hundreds of militants and their families departed towards Idlib and Aleppo [the town of Jarabulus] governorates, according to the Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA).
The news agency said on May 9 that the evacuation process had been halted due to logistical problems. Later, Syrian opposition activists revealed that Turkey had refused to host some of the displaced militants in Jarabulus.
The evacuation of the militants from the northern Homs countryside pocket is a part of the reconciliation agreement, which was reached on May 2. More than 120 buses evacuated thousands of militants and their families on May 7 and 8.
The SANA said that the militants had begun destroying and burning many of their headquarters in the northern Homs countryside, as the evacuation process approaches its end. Most of weapons and ammunition were handed over to the SAA during the last week and the rest will be handed over before the end of the evacuation.
According to local observers, the northern Homs reconciliation agreement is a major breakthrough in the Syrian crisis, as radical elements had agreed to leave the civilian areas without a battle for the first time ever.