The material was originally published on www.swprs.org. All links and data were checked by SF Team.
The world continues to live in the conditions of the permanent media hysteria over the COVID-19 outbreak, with some sources even suggesting that a second wave of the spread of coronavirus is expected in the autumn. At the same time, more and more facts appear suggesting that the media hysteria over the current situation is no based on facts or even artificially created. While the coronavirus is an important factor influencing the situation around the world, the threat of the outbreak seems to be significantly overestimated. The July 2020 report can be found here. The June 2020 report can be found here. The August 2020 report can be found here. The October 2020 report can be fund here. The December 2020 report can be fund here.
“The only means to fight the plague is honesty.” (Albert Camus, 1947)
Published: December 28, 2020
As the above chart shows, covid deaths in Sweden – without lockdowns, masks and primary school closures, and with one of the lowest ICU capacities in Europe – are almost identical to the EU average and somewhat lower than in the US. In other words, the many measures proposed by supposed experts have been largely ineffective medically, but highly destructive socially and economically.
The only effective intervention to reduce severe disease and deaths – absent early border controls or all-out totalitarian policies – has been ignored or blocked by most Western health authorities: evidence-based early and prophylactic treatment. It may have been just too cost-efficient.
SPR readers were among the first in the world to get the actual facts about the real covid mortality profile; the huge importance of nursing homes (still ignored by many authorities); the ineffectiveness of cloth masks, lockdowns and ‘contact tracing’; the remdesivir fraud; the anti-HCQ ploy; the reality of long covid; the ventilator disaster; the trouble with PCR tests; the Mojiang miners virus origin hypothesis; widespread media disinformation; and effective early treatment options.
Overall, the covid pandemic is closest to a medium influenza pandemic (like 1957 and 1968) hitting aged populations in industrialized countries with a high rate of cardiovascular disease. With the notable exceptions of children and Black Africa, covid is clearly worse than the ‘seasonal flu’, but clearly milder than the 1918 influenza and previous global pandemics.
We wish our readers a healthy and positive 2021.
Additional chart: North Dakota vs South Dakota
Published: December 31, 2020 (upd.)
WHO-sponsored review of ivermectin trials indicates 83% reduction in covid mortality.
Dr Andrew Hill of the Department of Pharmacology at the University of Liverpool (UK) is currently performing a WHO-sponsored review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials of ivermectin against covid. In the following 12-minute video, Dr Hill is presenting his preliminary results, which indicate a highly significant 83% reduction in covid mortality (95% CI 65%-92%).
This result is based on in-hospital trials, so it does not yet take into account early ambulatory and prophylactic treatment. The authors of the review intend to include three more trials, due to be published sometime in January, before providing a final conclusion. At the end of his presentation, Dr Hill describes low-cost ivermectin as a potentially “transformative treatment” against covid.
See also: Overview of all covid-19 ivermectin studies (IVMMETA)
- Slides: Meta-analysis of clinical trials of ivermectin to treat COVID-19 infection (PDF, 24p)
- Media coverage: Ivermectin: Tests show cheap drug may reduce Covid-19 death toll (Times)
- Covid-19 treatment protocol: Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC)
Latest SPR Covid Updates
- The Zero Covid Countries (December 2020)
- Covid: The Illusion of Control (January 2021)
- Why Covid-19 is a “strange pandemic” (September 2020)
- New Antibody Data for the US and Sweden (November 2020)
- SARS-2 in Italy in August 2019? Very unlikely. (November 2020)
- Great Barrington Declaration vs John Snow Memorandum (Dec.)
- Covid: The Big Picture in 7 Charts (October 2020)
- The Irish Lockdown Illusion (December 2020)
- Covid-19: Some Good News (December 2020)
- Danish Mask Study: No Benefit (November 2020)
- On the Suppressed Danish Mask Study (October 2020)
- WHO Mask Study Seriously Flawed (September 2020)
Vaccines and Treatment
- Ivermectin: WHO review indicates effectiveness (Jan. 2021)
- Vaccines: Successes and Controversies (December 2020)
- Dr Pierre Kory on Covid Early Treatment (December 2020)
- Remdesivir: An Epidemic Failure (Oktober 2020)
- Switzerland: Still without lockdown, mortality comparable to very strong flu wave
- Germany: No excess mortality in 2020, but low antibody seroprevalence
- Belgium: Highest Covid mortality in the world and historic comparison
- Sweden: No lockdown, no masks, mortality comparable to strong flu wave.
- Japan: No lockdown, but by far lowest mortality among G8 countries.
- Australia and New Zealand: Last Western countries following a zero-covid strategy
- Africa and Latin America: Lowest and highest covid mortality in the world.
- Belarus: Low covid mortality despite no lockdown, but unique demographics.
- Italy: Significant differences between northern and southern Italy.
- Nembro (Italy): The hardest hit place in Europe. What happened?
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Covid-19 Facts December 2020 Updates
- Covid-19 Facts October 2020 Updates
- Covid-19 Facts August Updates
- Covid-19 Facts July Updates
- Covid-19 Facts June Updates