The artillery fire exchange between the Syrian Arab Army and Turkish-backed militants continues in the South of Syria’s Greater Idlib:
- Turkish-backed militants’ artillery shelled SAA positions in the Kafr Halab area;
- Turkish-backed militants’ artillery shelled SAA positions in the Maarat al-Numan, Kafr Nubl and Hazarin;
- SAA artillery shelled Turkish-backed militants’ positions in the villages of Fatirah and Kansafra;
- Two unidentified gunmen attacked Criminal Security Department of the Salvation Government’s in Idlib, injuring two guards. One of the attackers was killed.
In the West of Aleppo province, unidentified gunmen shot dead the commander of Sham Legion, Mohammed Mustafa at-Tahir, nom de guerre “Abu Khanjur”, in the town of Talada. The perpetrators of the murder rode a motorcycle and managed to escape.
A series of targeted assassinations of opposition commanders is taking place in areas of Greater Idlib that are mostly controlled by Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham. ISIS cells or al-Qaeda-affiliated groups may be responsible for the murders.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Military Situation In Syria On September 28, 2020 (Map Update)
- Military Situation In Syria On September 27, 2020 (Map Update)