Is Putin manipulating the Clinton campaign?
Originally appeared at MoonOfAlabama
Russia is weaponizing everything: Word files, federalism, finance and Jedi mind tricks – everything is transformed into a weapon if Russia or its president Putin is imagined to come near it.
But Russia is secretly plotting even more nefarious schemes. Putin is infiltrating Europe. And not only Europe.
Putin, the President of the Russian Federation, is influencing, manipulating and controlling many “western” politicians, parties and movements – in Europe AND in the United States.
- Brexit – Why Putin Is Meddling in Britain’s Brexit Vote – Daily Beast
- The British left – Is Jeremy Corbyn Putin’s latest ‘useful idiot’ in Europe? – International Business Times
- The British right – Britain’s fascist party backs Putin in Syria – Now
- The Greek left – Putin Meets With Alexis Tsipras of Greece, Raising Eyebrows in Europe – NYT
- The Greek right – Greece´s new nationalism: Europe versus Russia – Academia
- The French right – French far-right signs up to take Putin’s shilling – London Times
- All far right in Europe – Putin Has Far-Right Admirers All Over Europe – New Republic
- All far left in Europe – Russia and the European Far Left – Political Capital Institute
- European Jews – Putin calls on European Jews to take refuge in Russia – Jerusalem Post
- Soccer fans – Whitehall fears Russian football hooligans had Kremlin links – Guardian
- The Italian PM Renzi – Renzi in ‘pact with the devil’ as he visits Putin? – CNBC
- The Czech PM Zeman – On Kremlin visit, Czech president is among friends
- The Hungarian PM Orban – Vladimir Putin receives a warm welcome from Hungarian PM Viktor Orban – Telegraph
- The British FM Johnson – Johnson Accused Of Being ‘Putin Apologist’ – Sky News
- The German FM Steinmeier Germany’s Foreign Minister: Playing Putin’s Tune – National Review
- The U.S. Secretary of State Kerry – Putin’s Spell Over John Kerry – American Interest
- Wikileaks – Putin Slams West for Wikileaks’ Assange Arrest – ABC News
Putin is indeed everywhere:
9:16 PM – 23 Jul 2016 – Billmon @billmon1Putin strikes AGAIN! “Seventeen people hurt when Hudson River ferry hits pier in New Jersey“
And now for the crown of it all.
Putin is in cahoots with the Republican presidential candidate Trump – claims the Clinton campaign. Putin is behind, it asserts, the leak of the DNC emails which prove that the Democratic National Committee has been working against Sanders to promote Hillary Clinton. The leak of the DNC emails, says the Clinton campaign, is ..:
.. further evidence the Russian government is trying to influence the outcome of the election.
The Clinton campaign has not looked thoroughly enough into Putin’s schemes. Reveal we can that Putin has penetrated U.S. politics even deeper than thought – right down into the Clinton Foundation and the Clinton family itself:
As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million.
That money, surely, had no influence on then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s decisions? And what about her husband?
Mr. Clinton received $500,000 … from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin
These undisputed facts demonstrate that Putin is indeed waging influence by bribing U.S. politicians. But the Clinton campaign is be a bit more hesitant in pointing these out.