According to the latest data, people on board who were killed in the incident included:
- Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine Denis Monastyrsky;
- First Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine Yevhen Enin;
- State Secretary of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine Yuriy Lubkovich;
- Deputy Head of the Patronage Service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine Tatiana Shutyak;
- Head of the Department of Protection of the Department of Internal Security of the National Police of Ukraine, Colonel Mikhail Pavlushko;
- Lead Inspector of the Department of Communications Nikolay Anatsky;
- Senior Operative of the Department of Internal Security of the Police of Ukraine Andriy Marinchenko;
- helicopter commander Alexander Vasilenko;
- pilot Konstantin Kovalenko;
- on-board mechanic Ivan Kasyanov.
The State Emergency Service of Ukraine has clarified its data on the number of victims:
“According to the updated information after identification, 14 dead were found at the helicopter crash site, including one child and nine on board,” the report said.
Earlier, the State Emergency Service reported 17 dead, including four children, and noted that the fate of one child remained unknown.
According to the latest data of the department, 25 people were injured, including 11 children.
On the morning of January 18, a helicopter crashed in the Kiev region. The Ukrainian aircraft crashed near the where were children. Evacuation is currently underway in the area.
The aircraft that crashed in the town of Brovary located on the eastern outskirts of the capital. The aircraft turned out to be a Eurocopter EC225 LP Super Puma helicopter or its equivalent.
The causes of the crash were not reported. According to some reports, the Super Puma could become another victim of the Ukrainian air defense.
Later, the head of the Ukrainian Police Igor Klimenko declared that the leadership of the Ministry of Internal Affairs was killed in the incident. In particular, the head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine and his first deputy died. There were nine people on board, all of them were killed.
According to Klimenko, at the moment it is known about 16 dead, including two children.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Su-30 Fighter Jet Crashed Into Civilian House In Russian City Of Irkutsk
- UPDATED: Military Aircraft Crashed Near Apartment Building In Russian City Of Yeysk
- Syrian Military Helicopter Crashes In Hama City, Kills Three Officers (Photos)