On June 29, the Houthis (Ansar Allah) announced that they had targeted two military camps of the Saudi-led coalition and its proxies in the central Yemeni province of Ma’rib.
In a statement, Brig. Gen. Yahya Sari, a spokesman for the Yemeni group, said that two Badir-1 “ballistic missiles” were launched at the Sahn al-Jin Camp and the 3rd Military District Camp. The Badir-1 is in fact a 210 mm heavy artillery rocket with a range that exceeds 100 kilometers.
“The operation led to the death and injury of dozens of the aggression’s mercenaries, including leaders,” the spokesman said.
Local sources in Ma’rib claimed that three civilians, including a child, were killed and ten others were injured as a result of the Houthis’ attack. However, Brig. Gen. Sari dismissed these claims. The spokesman stressed that only military targets were attacked.
The Houthis’ attacks are getting larger. Earlier this week, the Yemeni group attacked a network of “sensitive” military positions in southwestern Saudi Arabia with five ballistic missiles and five suicide drones.
So far, the Saudi-led coalition and its proxies have failed to neutralize the offensive capabilities of the Houthis. Today, the group is mounting more pressure on Saudi Arabia then ever before.
- Houthis Push Marib, Carry Out Missile And Drone Strike On Saudi Training Camp
- Combat Footage: Houthi Fighters Expelled Saudi-Backed Fighters From Key Mountain Range In Al-Jawf