On November 5, the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijani showcased heavy weapons which were recently captured from Armenian forces in the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh.
A video released by the ministry shows at least 15 trucks and tankers as well as the following equipment:
- 3 MT-LB armored vehicles armed with Zastava M55 20 mm anti-aircraft guns;
- 2 D-20 152 mm towed howitzers;
- 1 D-30 122 mm towed howitzer;
- 2 2S1 Gvozdika 122 mm self-propelled howitzers;
- 1 T-72AV battle tank;
- 1 ZSU-23-4 Shilka self-propelled, radar guided anti-aircraft weapon system.
Most of the armored vehicles and equipment seen in the Azerbaijani MoD’s video appeared to be damaged. Some were even completely destroyed.
Last week, the Azerbaijani military captured loads of weapons and ammunition, including a number of anti-tank guided missiles, from Armenian forces.
Despite inflicting serious material losses on Armenian forces, the Azerbaijani military advance is still contained within Nagorno-Karabakh’s southern part. The military has failed, so far, to make any significant gains on the region’s eastern and northern fronts.
- Azerbaijan Raised Its Activity On Northern Ans Eastern Fronts In Nagorno-Karabakh
- Large Iranian Armored Unit Spotted Moving Towards Nagorno-Karabakh Border (Photos, Video)