The Azerbaijani Armed Forces have made more ground gains in the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh, President Ilham Aliyev announced on October 23.
According to the President, Azerbaijani forces liberated the following villages:
- Dolanlar and Bunyadli in the Khojavand district;
- Dagh Tumas, Nusus, Khalafli, Minbashili and Veysalli in the Jabrayil district;
- Vanadli and Mirzahasanli in the Zangilan district;
- Zilanli, Kurd Mahrizli, Mughanli and Alagurshag in the Gubadli district.
Earlier today, the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan said its forces had carried out intense strikes on Armenian forces in Nagorno-Karabakh. Moreover, the ministry claimed that Armenian forces are suffering from shortage in supplies.
“The enemy practically lost control of the troops. Due to the lack of regular army units to defend combat positions, civilians are forcibly brought in to replace them,” the ministry said in its daily briefing.
Armenian forces are sustaining fairly heavy losses while attempting to slow down the advance of Azerbaijani troops in Nagorno-Karabakh.
The conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh is without a doubt heating up. A political settlement doesn’t appear to be near. As for now, Armenia and Azerbaijan can’t even agree on a working ceasefire.
- Armenia Says Peacekeepers “Welcome” In Nagorno-Karabakh Amid Developing Azerbaijani Advance
- Armenians Lost Border With Iran. Advancing Azerbaijani Forces Are About To Reach Lachin Corridor (Maps, Videos)