Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev announced on October 21 that his troops had captured 22 new settlements in the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh.
The newly-captured settlements are:
- The villages of Gejagozlu, Ashaghi Seyidahmadli and Zargar of Fuzuli district;
- The villages of Balyand, Papi, Tulus, Hajili, Tinli villages of Jabrayil district;
- The town of Minjivan and the villages of Khurama, Khumarli, Sari Babayli, Ucunju Aghali, Hajalli, Girakh Mushlan, Udgun, Turabad, Ichari Mushlan, Malikli, Jahangirbayli, Baharli in Zangilan district.
“Long live Azerbaijani Army! Karabakh is Azerbaijan!” President Aliyev said on Twitter.
Earlier today, the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan announced that load of weapons and equipment had been seized from Armenian forces.
The Azerbaijani MoD released footage showing several T-72 battle tanks, BMP-1 and BMP-2 infantry fighting vehicles that were recently captured in Nagorno-Karabakh. Most of the vehicles appeared to be heavily damaged.
The battle in Nagorno-Karabakh appears to be heating up. Meanwhile, the ongoing Armenian-Azerbaijani talks in the Russian capital, Moscow, are yet to bear any results.
- No Diplomatic Solution To Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict At This Stage: Armenian PM
- Military Situation In Nagorno-Karabakh Region On October 21, 2020 (Map Update)