Armenian forces in the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh are sustaining serious material and human losses as a result of Azerbaijani combat drones attacks.
The Azerbaijani Ministry of Defense released on October 3 new videos showing a number of drone strikes that targeted Armenian forces in the last 48 hours.
The strikes destroyed or damaged the following equipment:
- 9 T-73 battle tanks;
- 2 BMP-1 infantry fighting vehicles;
- 2 MT-LB armored vehicles;
- 2 BM-21 multiple rocket launchers.
The videos also show strike on a mortar position and what appears to be an airstrike with heavy munitions on a base in Nagorno-Karabakh.
Turkish-made Bayraktar TB2 combat drones, acquired by Azerbaijan earlier this year, are responsible for these strikes. MAM-L and MAM-C small-diameter laser-guided munitions are the main armament of the drone. Both are likely being used by Azerbaijani forces.
Despite sustaining heavy losses, Armenian forces are still holding onto most of their positions in Nagorno-Karabakh. Azerbaijani troops are struggling to advance.
- Azerbaijani President Claims His Troops Captured Mataghis In Nagorno-Karabakh
- Armenian-Azerbaijani Hostilities Still Gaining Momentum After 6 Days Of War