Armenian forces have sustained more losses as a result of Azerbaijani drone strikes in the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh.
On October 9, the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan shared several videos showing some of the recent drone strikes on Armenian troops. The strikes hit the following targets:
- 4 fortified positions;
- 8 T-72 battle tanks;
- 5 BM-21 multiple rocket launchers;
- 1 Tos-1A thermobaric rocket launcher;
- 1 2S1 Gvozdika self-propelled howitzer;
- 1 BMP-2 infantry fighting vehicle;
- 1 9K33 Osa short-range air-defense system.
Azerbaijani combat drones also destroyed an Armenian P-18 “Spoon Rest D” and 36D6 “Tin Shield” radars. The P-18 is a 2D VHF radar with a top range of 250 km, while the 36D6 is a 3D E-band radar with a top range of 350 km.
The strikes were apparently carried out by Turkish-made Bayraktar TB2 combat drones, which entered service with the Azerbaijani military a few months ago only.
Despite sustaining heavy losses in Azerbaijani aerial attacks, Armenian forces continue to hold onto their positions in Nagorno-Karabakh with much success.
- Turkey Claims Nagorno-Karabakh Ceasefire Efforts Will Fail Without Armenian Withdrawal
- Armenian President Says Turkey’s Erdogan Creating “Another Syria In The Caucasus”