On November 4, the Azerbaijani Armed Forces advanced on three fronts in the southern part of the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh.
According to a statement by President Ilham Aliyev, the following settlements were captured from Armenian forces:
- Mirak and Kavdar of Jabrayil district;
- Mashadiismayilli and Shafibayli of Zangilan district;
- Basharat, Garakishilar and Garajalli of Gubadli district.
Moreover, the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan said heavy clashes were taking place on the front lines of the district of Adhere. Armenian forces are allegedly sustaining heavy losses.
In the last 24 hours, Armenian forces lost 2 T-72 battle tanks, 3 D-30 howitzers, 1 M-55 anti-aircraft gun, 1 tactical UAV and 3 military trucks, according to the claims of the Azerbaijani MoD.
Azerbaijani forces are currently less than 6 km away from Nagorno-Karabakh’s border with Armenia in some areas. The forces are also stationed less than 20 km to the south of the city of Stepanakert, the capital of the region.
Armenian forces are showing fierce resistance and have, so far, slowed down the advance of the Azerbaijani military in many areas. Nevertheless, they are yet to halt the attack.
- Azerbaijani Artillery Pounds Southern Outskirts Of Nagorno-Karabakh Capital (Videos, Photos)
- Armenian Forces Repelled Two Azerbaijani Attacks In Southern Nagorno-Karabakh (Video)