Azerbaijani and Armenian forces claimed more losses in the third day of clashes in the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh.
In a statement on September 30, the Armenian Ministry of Defense summarized Azerbaijani losses in the last three days as follows:
- 920 soldiers killed;
- 83 drones shot down;
- 7 helicopters shot down;
- 166 battle tanks and armored vehicles destroyed;
- 1 plane shot down;
- 1 heavy rocket launcher destroyed.
Armenian MoD releases new infographic of today’s alleged losses suffered by Azerbaijani forces. pic.twitter.com/vN19CBBEfj
— FJ (@Natsecjeff) September 30, 2020
The ministry also released two videos showing a counter-attack by its troops on positions in Nagorno-Karabakh, which were recently captured by the Azerbaijani Armed Forces.
From its side, the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan summarized Armenian losses in a new statement as follows:
- 2,300 soldiers neutralized;
- 130 battle tanks and armored vehicles destroyed;
- 50 anti-tank weapon destroyed;
- 6 command and control centers destroyed;
- 200 artillery piece and rocket launchers destroyed;
- 55 military vehicles destroyed;
- 25 air-defense systems destroyed;
- 1 S-300 long-range air-defense system destroyed.
— Azerbaijan MOD (@wwwmodgovaz) September 30, 2020
The Azerbaijani military also shared several videos showing drone strikes and attacks with loitering munitions on Armenian military equipment in Nagorno-Karabakh.
While the two sides appear to be exaggerating their achievements, there is no doubt that they both suffered from serious losses in the last three days.
The conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh, which began on September 27, will not likely stop soon. Both Azerbaijan and Armenia appear to be determined to continue the battle at all costs, at least for now.
- Azerbaijan Wrongly Accused Armenia Of Firing Tactical Ballistic Missiles
- Armenian Defense Ministry Claims Azerbaijan Using Turkish F-16s, France Pledges Support To Yerevan