The Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan claimed on October 17 that an Armenian Su-25 warplane had been shot down over the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh.
In a statement, the ministry said the warplane was shot down by the Azerbaijani Air Defense Force, without providing any further details.
The Azerbaijani MoD’s claims were dismissed by the Press Secretary of the Armenian Ministry of Defense, Shushan Stepanyan.
“The statement of the Azerbaijani defense Ministry that a SU-25 plane belonging to the Armenian side was shot down on October 17 is another misinformation,” Stepanyan said.
A few hours after the first announcement, the Azerbaijani MoD claimed an Armenian “tactical drone” was “destroyed” over Nagorno-Karabakh.
On its part, the Armenian MoD claimed that three Azerbaijani drones were shot down on October 17 in the country’s airspace and another one was shot down over the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh.
Since the outbreak of the battle in Nagorno-Karabakh, Armenian aerial losses has been limited to a single Su-25 that was shot down by a Turkish F-16 based in Azerbaijan on the 29th of September.
The Armenian Air Force maintains very limited involvement in Nagorno-Karabakh, whose airspace has been, thus far, dominated by the Azerbaijani side.
- Azerbaijani MoD Claims Armenian Troops Are Fleeing Battlefield In Nagorno-Karabakh
- Multiple Civilians Killed And Injured In Armenian Ballistic Missile Strike On Azerbaijan’s Ganja (Videos)