Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev announced on October 22 that his forces had imposed full control of Nagorno-Karabakh’s border with Iran.
On Twitter, the President said Azerbaijani forces secured the entire border line with Iran after capturing the settlement of Aghband from Armenian forces.
“I congratulate the people of Azerbaijan and Iran on this occasion. Long live the victorious Azerbaijani Army!” Aliyev said.
Eşq olsun müzəffər Azərbaycan Ordusuna! pic.twitter.com/VWXyakxOxH
— İlham Əliyev (@azpresident) October 22, 2020
In the monring, the Azerbaijani President announced that the following settlements had been captured from Armenian forces.
- Mollavali, Yukhari Rafadinli, Ashaghi Rafadinli in the district of Fuzuli;
- Sirik, Shikhlar, Mastalibayli, Darzili in the district of Jabrayil;
- Kollugishlag, Malatkeshin, Kand Zangilan, Genlik, Valigulubayli, Garadara, Chopadara, Tatar, Tiri, Amirkhanli, Gargulu, Bartaz, Dallakli in the district of Zangilan.
The Azerbaijani advance in Nagorno-Karabakh is accelerating. Baku’s forces are relying on their fire power, precision-guided weapons and the support of hundreds of Syrian militants as well as Turkey.
MORE ON HIS TOPIC:
- Azerbaijani Forces Allegedly Hit Civilian Houses In Iran (Video)
- Azerbaijani Military Destroyed Armenian S-125 Air-Defense System With Loitering Munition (Video)