Forces of the Azerbaijani military supported by Syrian militatns and Turkish specialists continue their offensive in the southern part of the Nagorno-Karabakh region despite the start of the second ‘humanitarian ceasefire’ there.
- A humanitarian ceasefire between Armenia and Azerbaijan entered force on October 18. Both sides immediately accused each others of violating it.
- According to Armenia, at 7:20, October 18, the Azerbaijan military launched a military operation in the southern direction in Khudaferin Reservoir in order to capture it. 4 Azerbaijani battle tanks were reportedly destroyed.
- According to Azerbaijan, on October 18, Armenian forces opened fire at positions of the Azerbaijani Army in Gadabay and Tovuz regions from Chambarak and Berd regions of Armenia.
- According to Azerbaijan MoD, on October 17, at around 11:11, an Armenian Su-25 plane was shot down by Azerbaijan air defense forces.
- According to Azerbaijan MoD, its forces destroyed 2 missile guiding stations of the S-300, 5 T-72 battle tanks, 3 BM-21 “Grad” MLRS, 2 “Smerch” MLRS, 1 D-20 gun-howitzer, 1 KS-19 anti-aircraft gun and 6 auto vehicles.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Weapons Of Karabakh War: 2S1 Gvozdika Self-Propelled Howitzer
- New ‘Humanitarian Ceasefire’ And Prospects Of Azerbaijani-Armenian War