Armenia and Azerbaijan continue to exchange exaggerated claims of each other’s losses in the ongoing battle in the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh.
On October 7, the Ministry of Defense of Armenia released an infographic summarizing Azerbaijani forces’ losses in Nagorno-Karabakh as follows:
- 127 drones;
- 16 helicopters;
- 17 warplanes;
- 416 armored vehicles;
- 4 BM-30 Smerch multiple rocket launchers;
- 3754 causalities.
— Armenian Unified Infocenter (@ArmenianUnified) October 7, 2020
Recent videos from the battlefield in Nagorno-Karabakh confirms that Azerbaijani forces are sustaining heavy losses. Nevertheless, the Armenian MoD claims are without a doubt filled with exaggerations.
The Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan quickly responded to Armenia’s claims by releasing an infographic of Armenian losses in Nagorno-Karabakh. The infographic summarized the losses as follows:
- 250 battle tanks and amphibious combat vehicle;
- 270 artillery and multiple rocket launchers;
- 150 military vehicles;
- 60 air-defense systems;
- 11 command and control centers;
- 8 armories;
- 1 S-300 air-defense system.
— Azerbaijan MOD (@wwwmodgovaz) October 7, 2020
The Azerbaijani infographic also appears to be filled with exaggeration, especially the claims regarding Armenia’s air-defense systems losses.
The battle in Nagorno-Karabakh, which broke out on September 27, has so far inflicted heavy losses on Armenian and Azerbaijani forces. Both sides, however, are yet to provide their real account.
- Armenia Claims Significant Success In Repelling Azerbaijan, Reportedly Dozens Killed, Equipment Destroyed
- Azerbaijan Says Armenian Forces Attacked Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan Pipeline As Armenian PM Proposes Concessions