Azerbaijani combat drones continue to inflict serious losses on Armenian forces in the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh.
On October 2, the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan released a number of videos showing a new wave of drone strikes on Armenian forces in different parts of Nagorno-Karabakh. The strikes hit the following targets:
- 5 gatherings of Armenian troops;
- 3 forward positions and shelters;
- 1 mortar position;
- 4 T-72s battle tanks;
- 3 MT-LB armored vehicles;
- 1 BMP-2 infantry fighting vehicle;
- 4 military trucks.
The new wave of strikes was carried out by Turkish-made Bayraktar TB2 drones, which were purchased by Azerbaijan less than four months ago.
Armenian air-defense units are still active in Nagorno-Karabakh. However, they are yet to deal with TB2 drones. Most of the air-defense systems deployed in the region, like the 9K33 Osa, have a very limited rang. A number of these systems have been already destroyed by TB2 drones.
- More Azerbaijani Warplanes Allegedly Shot Down Over Nagorno-Karabakh (Video)
- Azerbaijani Army Destroyed Nagorno-Karabakh Bridge With Israeli-Made Ballistic Missile (Video)