On November 7th, the Azerbaijani Armed Forces resumed their advance in the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh, capturing 16 new settlements from Armenian forces.
In an official statement, President Ilham Aliyev confirmed that his troops had entered the following settlements:
- Yukhari Veysalli, Yukhari Seyidahmadli, Gorgan, Uchunju Mahmudlu, Gajar, Divanaliliar of Fuzuli district;
- Yukhari Mazra, Yanarhaj of Jabrayil district:
- Gazyan, Balasoltanli, Mardanli of Gubadli district:
- Beshdali of Zangilan district:
- Garabulag, Moshkhmaat of Khojali district:
- Atagut, Tsakuri of Khojavand district.
Earlier, the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan claimed that heavy human and material losses had been inflicted on the Armenian 6th Mountain Rifle Regiment, the 3rd Artillery Battery, the 22nd Special Forces group and the 178th independent Reconnaissance Battalion.
For the last two days, the fierce resistance of Armenian forces prevented Azerbaijani troops from making any gains in Nagorno-Karabakh.
Azerbaijani forces are currently situated less than 6 km to the south of the city of Shushi and at least 10 km away from Stepanakert city, the capital of Nagorno-Karabakh.
- Weapons Of Karabakh War: Soviet’s R-17 Elbrus Ballistic Missile
- Overview Of Azerbaijani Strikes On November 6, 2020 (Videos)