On the morning of October 3rd, an Azerbaijani warplane was downed over Nagorno-Karabakh, the Armenian side reported.
According to the press secretary of the Armenian Ministry of Defense Shushan Stepanyan, in total 3 Azerbaijani warplanes have been downed so far.
As of now 3 enemy aircrafts in total have been shot down
— Shushan Stepanyan (@ShStepanyan) October 3, 2020
This number doesn’t include helicopters that were also allegedly shot down.
Separately, the losses of the Azerbaijani army during the fighting have already exceeded 3000 servicemen, according to the Press Secretary of the Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh) President Vahram Poghosyan.
A video was shared of the frontline on the Armenian side on October 3rd.
— AS-Source News / MILITARY〽️ (@ASBMilitary) October 3, 2020
There are also more recent videos showing reported successes by the Armenian side’s forces.
At the moment, the fiercest battles are taking place in the north-south directions of the front line, where the enemy, introducing new forces to the front, went on the attack.
More Syrian militants appear to have been killed in the clashes.
Syrian terrorists just destroyed in #Karabakh. They were deployed by #Turkey to supply #Azerbaijan in the war against Armenians#Armenia#ArtsakhStrong #ArmeniaAgainstTerrorism pic.twitter.com/0AvX15DJWx
— Kornelij (@Kornelij) October 2, 2020
Artsakh divisions are offering resistance, reportedly inflicting heavy losses on the enemy. Recently, as a result of targeted fire, the servicemen of the Artsakh Defense Army destroyed 3 enemy aircraft in the southern direction, according to the Artsakh Defense Ministry, as also mentioned above.
Notably, the Armenian side claimed a video, released by Azerbaijan was fake. It allegedly showed Armenian soldiers unloading corpses off vehicles. According to Armenian media these are Azerbaijan soldiers dressed as Armenian soldiers shooting a fake video.
There are also numerous images showing the destruction caused by Azerbaijan airstrikes on Stepanakert, in Nagorno-Karabakh.
My Stepanakert, capital of #Artsakh/#NagornoKarabakh after shelling by #Azerbaijan.
There are always people cleaning the city after the shelling, cause that city should remain the cleanest and the most beautiful city in the region. pic.twitter.com/ESPfAZqYpU
— Anna A. Naghdalyan (@naghdalyan) October 3, 2020
As a result of #Azerbaijan recent deliberate strikes to #Stepanakert w/ 3 missiles, esp 2 residential buildings have been highly damaged.
Among civilians at least a woman killed, some are wounded, the further details are still being checked.#AzerbaijaniAggression #ArtsakhStrong pic.twitter.com/Y7wKZyKcPm
— Artak Beglaryan (@Artak_Beglaryan) October 2, 2020
— Hemat (@Himat75) October 3, 2020
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilyan said what conditions are necessary for a ceasefire.
“The initiators of this aggression, namely Azerbaijan together with its ally Turkey and their involved terrorists, must stop firing. After the ceasefire is established, we need to move on to dialogue. It is premature to talk about specific things when the artillery is “talking” and the guns are not silenced.
I think there should be no preconditions, especially on the part of Azerbaijan, for stopping the fighting. As the initiators of this war, they should come to their senses, listen to the calls of the President of Russia, the United States, France, members of the UN Security Council and other international structures, and stop.
In principle, the entire international community is in favor of ending the bloodshed and moving the discussion to a peaceful course, only Azerbaijan and Turkey are opposed to this and they have become rogue states in this way,” said Mayilyan.
Finally, the Artsakh president himself, Araik Arutunyan said he was going to the frontline himself.
I am going to frontline to wage my share of battle.
Fierce fighting is taking place with varying intensity along the entire line of contact between #Artsakh and #Azerbaijan@Pres_Artsakh pic.twitter.com/BbJbH4ALXS
— Armenian Unified Infocenter (@ArmenianUnified) October 3, 2020
On the Azerbaijan side, videos were released late on October 2nd and early on October 3rd, presumably showing success in drone and airstrikes against the Armenian forces.
Azerbaijan also shared a report claiming that Armenian forces are shelling civilians.
Armed Forces of #Armenia continue deliberate and indiscriminate shelling the #Azerbaijan/i civilians and civilian infrastructure.#StopArmenianAggression #CirmesAgainstHumanity#WarCrimes pic.twitter.com/XusRH8ZS6G
— MFA Azerbaijan 🇦🇿 (@AzerbaijanMFA) October 3, 2020
Separately, Azerbaijan Ambassador to the US admitted that Baku was blocking the deployment of gunfire locators along the #Artsakh line-of-contact.
BREAKING: #Azerbaijan's Ambassador @ElinSuleymanov admitted today that Baku's blocking the deployment of gunfire locators along the #Artsakh line-of-contact, a key element of the bipartisan #RoyceEngel Peace Proposal.
His admission came during a virtual Capitol Hill briefing. pic.twitter.com/jgV2RpG7zh
— ANCA (@ANCA_DC) October 3, 2020
And as is usual with Ukraine, in another awkward gesture, it voiced its support for Azerbaijan’s “territorial integrity.”
President Volodymyr Zelensky issued a statement saying that supports its sovereignty and territorial integrity, just as Baku always supported Kiev’s. As such he entirely disregarded that it’s Azerbaijan attacking another country’s territory, and there’s nobody actually attempting to seize any of its territory, nor any part of its territory wishes to separate itself from the country.
"We support Azerbaijan's territorial integrity and sovereignty just as Azerbaijan always supports our territorial integrity and sovereignty," Ukrainian President Zelensky said. pic.twitter.com/XeYqKQqwhP
— EHA News (@eha_news) October 2, 2020
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Armenian-Azerbaijani War. How Global Powerbrokers Play Fates Of Nations
- Azerbaijani Forces Push To Seize Largest Karabakh City. Drones Strike Targets Inside Armenia