On September 29th, and continuing into 30th, the fighting between Armenia and Azerbaijan continued, with a plethora of reports and footage from both sides.
Notably, Armenian media circulated a video showing Azerbaijani UAVs flying over Armenian villages and the Armenian air defense systems taking down.
There were also photographs of downed drones.
In an official statement, the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan said that its forces had destroyed a Russian-made S-300 operated by Armenia.
“Yesterday [September 29th], during the fighting on the territory of Shushakend, Khojaly region, the enemy’s S-300 anti-aircraft missile system was disabled,” a statement read.
Earlier, the ministry stated that the Armenian S-300, which covered the airspace of Yerevan, were removed from combat duty and sent towards Nagorno-Karabakh.
The press secretary of the Armenian Defense Ministry Shushan Stepanyan said that two drones of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces were shot down over Stepanakert at night.
The official statement of the Azerbaijan side is that from September 27th, until the morning of September 3rd, it has:
- Killed and wounded up to 2,300 Armenian soldiers;
- Destroyed or disabled up to 130 battle tanks and other armored vehicles;
- It has destroyed or disabled more than 200 artillery and anti-aircraft missile systems;
- At least 25 air defense systems were also destroyed;
- 6 command posts;
- 5 weapons and ammunition depots;
- 50 anti-tank weapons;
- 55 units of motor vehicles;
On the Armenian side, reports are that they are having limited success in withholding the enemy’s advance.
“At these minutes, artillery firefight is under way along the entire length of the front. That night, in the sky over Stepanakert, two enemy UAVs were hit. – Press Secretary of the Armenian Ministry of Defense Shushan Stepanyan.
The Ministry of Defense of Armenia published some video footage about the losses in the ranks of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces for the last day.
Armenia also announced the losses it had reportedly caused to Azerbaijan:
- 790 soldiers killed;
- 1,900 wounded;
- 7 helicopters destroyed;
- 1 warplane destroyed;
- 137 battle tanks and armored vehicles;
- 72 UAVs.
According to Armenian media, the Azerbaijani wounded are brought to this hospital in the center of Baku without interruptions, constant signals with flashing lights. 3-4 long motorcades of ambulances every hour.
Relatives of soldiers from all parts of the country are making their way to the doors of both buildings of the hospital. No one is allowed inside and nothing is announced. Lists of the dead and wounded are not issued. People simply do not talk about the fate of relatives.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Armenia Claims 790 Azerbaijani Soldiers Killed, 137 Equipment Pieces Destroyed As Azerbaijan Pounds Armenian Positions In Karabakh
- Turkey’s “Syrian National Army” Confirms Deployment Of Its Members In Azerbaijan