Ankara Car Bomb. The “Trace” IS ..

Donate

Ankara Car Bomb. The "Trace" IS ..

On the 13th of March an explosion shook the Turkish capital Ankara. According to local media, a car bomb caused the blast, killing at least 36 and injuring 125 people. The explosion happened in Guvenpark in the Kizilay district, a key transport hub and commercial area. Nobody has yet taken responsibility for the crime.

Ankara Car Bomb. The "Trace" IS ..

Expectedly in a few hours after the explosion a security official told Reuters news agency that initial findings suggested it was the work of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) or an affiliated group. Neither evidence nor time was needed to a security official to cast the blame upon Kurds. President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said terror groups were targeting civilians because they were losing their struggle against Turkish security forces. He said such attacks “increase our determination to fight terrorism”. He signals that “terrorosts” are “Kurdish groups” not ISIS backed by him.

Meanwhile the pro-Kurdish Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) has issued a statement condemning the attack, saying it shares “the huge pain felt along with our citizens,” AP reported.

Earlier on the 13th of March the Turkish authorities declared 24-hour curfews for another two Kurdish-populated towns in the east. Reports emerged that dozens of trucks carrying security forces are heading to the towns. The curfew in the town of Yuksekova, Hakkari province, on the border with Iran, will take effect at 20:00 GMT on Sunday and will continue indefinitely, the office of the province’s governor said, as cited by Turkish media. About 70,000 people live in the town, according to a 2012 census. The governor added that entering and leaving the city would also be banned to “ensure the physical and material safety of citizens amid increasing incidents of terrorism,” as cited by the Hurriyet Daily News.

A curfew is also to be imposed at midnight on March 14 in the town of Nusaybin, Mardin Province, which borders Syria, province officials said. The town counts about 90,000 residents.

Earlier on Friday Turkish Interior Minister Efkan Ala said that new military operations against members of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) was expected.

“Eight districts have been cleared. But there are still trenches and barricades in Yuksekova, downtown Sırnak and Nusaybin. The information we have gathered shows bombing traps placed there, so clearances will be conducted in those districts too,” Ala said.

Last week scenes of a brutal crackdown launched by the Turkish military in the Kurdish town of Cizre went around the world. Harrowing accounts of an alleged massacre of dozens of Kurdish civilians in the southeastern Turkish town of Cizre have been collected by RT’s William Whiteman, who traveled to the area following reports of a brutal military crackdown on the population. Reports of Turkish troops slaughtering hundreds of civilians trapped in the basements of Cizre, which is located in Turkey’s Sirnak province, first surfaced in February.

It is high time to blame exactly Kurds of the Ankara terror attack to hide traces and hold back the truth of Erdogan’s war crimes in the east of the country.

Common-sense reasoning tells us that today the Kurds are winning the information war at least and they must continue to attract the world’s attention to the war crimes of the Turkish regime, but not to carry out terror attacks against civilians.

Moreover, despite the Erdogan crow of triumph, a full-scale civil war in the east of Turkey is continuing and Kurdish irregular forces have caused major casualties to the Turkish Army. They do it quietly, but effectively. That’s the reason why Erdogan is forced to raze to the ground entire towns as a «deterrent measure».

Regardless of who is really behind the terrible terrorist attack in Ankara, the Turkish regime accuses Kurds and uses this accusation as an excuse to continue the genocide of the Kurdish people.

Donate

SouthFront

Do you like this content? Consider helping us!