Over the period between April 6th and 19th, the Russian Armed Forces carried out a variety of activities, which were described in details by infographics released by the Defense Ministry’s newspaper Red Star.
This is all in line with Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu’s remarks at the end of 2018 that 2019 would be much more active in terms of trainings and reinforcement of combat readiness.
The progress updates are separated into several sections.
First is the restoration of peaceful life in Syria. In total:
- The Russian Armed forces have delivered 15.1 tons of supplies and medications to the Syrian people;
- More than 16,800 refugees were returned to their homes, from outside the country;
- More than 4,800 internally displaced people also returned home;
- The Russian Armed Forces carried out 7 Humanitarian actions.
Second, comes combat readiness of the Armed Forces. In total:
- 22,100 training events were held,
- 262 trainings at a military range were conducted;
- 2,529 trainings in how to drive armored vehicles, with approximately 45% of them being done at nighttime were also carried out;
- 21 were on support vessels with the Navy; 155 were on surface warships; 28 took place on submarines;
- 26,200 parachute jumps were also carried out;
- Between April 6th – 12th, 286 trial flights at 75 aerodromes were carried out; While between April 13th – 19th the number of trial flights 340 at 83 aerodromes;
- In total, between April 6th – 12th, 81% of the training and material base of the armed forces was utilized and that share fell to 77% between April 13th and 19th.
In terms of contracted servicemen:
- 915 new recruits were accepted into the service;
- 5,470 recruitment events were organized;
- 32 officers entered military service.
In the week between April 13th and 19th:
- 7 warehouses were constructed or repaired at the military base at the city of Prokhladny;
- Dormitories, a cafeteria building, a garage, 2 checkpoints, 13 infrastructure buildings were constructed or repaired at the military base at the city of Tiksi.
In terms of housing:
- 428 people from the waiting list were provided with permanent housing;
- 1166 servicemen were provided with housing.
In addition, the Patriot park was visited by 15,500 people, who took part in the 85 organized events.
25,000 youths joined the youth military-patriotic movement. It reached a number of 416,000 members. Many of the members took part in the 9 organized movement events.
Finally, between April 6th and 12th, the military sport teams CSKA, as well as the Specialized Children and Youth Sports School of the Olympic Reserve won 8 gold medals, 6 silver and 6 bronze in 19 Russian and International competitions.
In the same period, there was a notable foreign reconnaissance activity along the Russian border. In total:
- Between April 6th and 12th – 27 aircraft took part in reconnaissance operations along the Russian border; Between April 13th – 19th the number was 22;
- 6 Fighter jets from the Russian Aerospace Forces stopped possible violations of the Russian state border, between April 6th and 12th, whereas between April 13th and 19th the number was 4.