On October 26th, immediately after the humanitarian ceasefire was established in Nagorno-Karabakh, accusations of violations began.
Just minutes after the ceasefire went into effect at 8:00 (local time), the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan accused the Armenian side of gross violation of the ceasefire, but after a while deleted this information.
Since then, between 8:00 and 10:10 local time, Azerbaijan has accused Armenia of shelling various units, positions and regions, 5 times. And claimed that it fully implemented the ceasefire.
The Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Artsakh states that the units of the Defense Army strictly monitor the agreements reached, and the accusations of the hostile side not only have no relation to reality, but were made in the context of preparing the information ground for further provocations:
Armenia also accused Azerbaijan of violating the ceasefire.
“In gross violation of the humanitarian cease-fire agreement reached in the United States, the Azerbaijani side fired artillery at the North — Eastern battle positions of the Artsakh Defense Army at about 8:45 a.m.,” Armenian Ministry of Defense spokesperson Shushan Stepanyan said.
Another violation was recorded at about 09:10. The Azerbaijan armed forces took aim at positions in the South-Eastern direction, firing 5 artillery shells at them.
“The Azerbaijani side has grossly violated the ceasefire agreement for the third time on humanitarian grounds. Appropriate investigations will be carried out on this blatant audacious behavior of the Aliyev regime towards the entire civilized society, but today the task of all of us is to protect our Homeland from the enemy-the Turks. There is no alternative for us, and this is the only way that should lead us only to victory,” press Secretary of the President of Artsakh Vahram Poghosyan said.
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan claimed that Armenia continued strictly observing the ceasefire.
It appears that, once again, for the third time, the situation isn’t going to be resolved via a humanitarian ceasefire, and it is moving towards falling apart, at a rapid pace.
A photograph was published, showing Turkish F-16 fighter jets at Azerbaijan’s Gabala Airbase.
Earlier, the Armenians stated that after the publication of satellite images of the airbase in Ganja, the Turks drove their cars to the Gabala airbase. Then they did not provide any data and they were accused of lying. Nevertheless, after about 2 weeks, Turkish cars did show up in Gabala.
The author of the picture claimed the following: “6 presumably Turkish F-16s at the Gabala airbase.”
However, only 4 fighter jets are visible in the picture. It is not clear where this discrepancy comes from – perhaps there are other pictures that were not posted.
Until mid-October, Azerbaijan officially denied the presence of Turkish F-16s on its territory, but after the publication in Western media of satellite images of October 3 from the airbase in Ganja, where the F-16s were recorded, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev after a while was forced to admit their presence, giving a new version that they were just standing there, but not in combat participate.
There is, however, still no conclusive evidence that they’ve taken part in any actions against Armenia, despite accusations.
On the day before the ceasefire, on October 25th, President Ilham Aliyev said that Azerbaijan had captured several new villages.
“The Azerbaijani Army has today liberated several villages of Zangilan, Jabrayil and Gubadli districts and the city of Gubadli from occupiers. Long live Azerbaijani Army! Karabakh is Azerbaijan!” President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev made a post on his official Twitter account.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Azerbaijan And Armenia Agree To Another Humanitarian Ceasefire, To Take Effect Monday
- Azerbaijan, Armenia Reach Another ‘Humanitarian Ceasefire’, This Time In Washington