On June 26, the Russian Ministry of Defence claimed that over 720 Ukrainian militants were killed, 12 tanks and other armoured combat vehicles, as well as 16 special vehicles were destroyed over the past day in Ukraine.
The number of casualties in the Ukrainian ranks is higher then usually. This is likely the result of the recent Russian attacks at the military bases of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) in different Ukrainian regions.
The Russian Ministry of Defence confirmed the attacks of the Russian Aerospace Forces and Kalibr missiles:
- at the Ukrainian 169th Army Training Centre near Desna in the Chernigov region,
- the 199th Air Assault Troops Training Centre near Teterevka in the Zhitomir region,
- as well as at the 184th Training Centre of the Armed Forces of Ukraine near Starichi in the Lvov region.
As a result of the attacks, the planned redeployment of the 65th, 66th mechanised brigades and 46th Airmobile Brigade from the AFU strategic reserves to the Donbass front lines was thwarted.
On June 25, the AFU carried out another attempt to counter attack Russian forces deployed in the Snake Island. Ukrainian warplanes and MLRS were used. However, the attack lead to no results.
It was repelled by Russian Pantsir-S air defence system. As a result 1 Su-25 of the Ukrainian Air Force and Ukrainian 12 rockets were destroyed. In its turn, the Russian side suffered no damage.
Russian Tor-M2 and Pantsir air defense systems are reportedly deployed on the island to provide air defence in the area.
Another 1 MiG-29 of Ukrainian Air Force was shot down during an aerial combat near Zelenodolsk in the Dnepropetrovsk region.
In total, the following AFU assets were destroyed by the Russian military:
- Ukrainian manpower and military equipment in 286 areas,
- artillery and mortar units in 62 areas,
- 2 command posts near Visunsk and Barmashovo in the Nikolayev region,
- 4 munitions depots near Verkhnekamenka, Lisichansky and western suburbs of Lisichansk in the Lugansk People’s Republic.
- 10 multiple rocket-launching system (MRLS) platoons near Avdeyevka, Ukrainsk, Ivanovka, Novosyolovka Pervaya and Vozdvizhenka in the Donetsk People’s Republic.
- 8 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles near Varvarovka, Ray-Aleksandrovka in the Lugansk People’s Republic, Belyayevka in the Kherson region, Malaya Kamyshevakha and Malyie Prokhody in the Kharkov region.
In total, 215 airplanes and 132 helicopters, 1,363 unmanned aerial vehicles, 350 anti-aircraft missile systems, 3,809 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 682 combat vehicles equipped with multiple rocket-launching systems, 3,012 field artillery cannons and mortars, as well as 3,864 units of special military equipment have been destroyed during the special military operation.
MORE ON THE TOPIC:
- Kiev On Fire: Russian Missiles Hit Military Plant, Revenge For Bloody Attacks In Donbass (Videos)
- Gorskoe-Zolotoe Trap: Ukrainian Forces Attempt To Flee. Civilians Leave Their Shelters (Video 18+)
- Ukraine Releases First Footage Of HIMARS Rocket Launchers In Action