0 $
2,500 $
5,000 $
2,401 $

25 Militants Killed In Turkish Military Operation Against Its Own Proxies In Syria’s Afrin


25 Militants Killed In Turkish Military Operation Against Its Own Proxies In Syria's Afrin

Turkish-backed militants loot shops after seizing control of Afrin on March 18, 2018. (Photo by AFP)

25 militants have been reportedly killed since the start of Turkey’s military operation against its own proxies in the Syrian area of Afrin on November 18.

According to reports, about 200 members of the al-Sharqiyah Martyrs Gathering and a few other Turkish-backed miltiant groups had been accused by Turkey and the rest of Turkish-backed militant groups of conducting various crimes in Afrin.

While the common explanation of this situation in Turkish-affilated media is that Ankara seeks to restore security and order in the area local sources say that the main reason of this effort is to punish too “independent” militant groups. In fact, all Turkish-backed militant groups have been accused of variuos crimes multiple times. However, Ankara has punished no group for this besides the al-Sharqiyah Martyrs Gathering. MORE HERE



Do you like this content? Consider helping us!

  • Merijn

    As long as all Headchoppers are dead in the End… it will be fine….

    • Peter Jennings

      Yeah, why bother with the finer details. It’s the end of Headchopper Heaven. They all had to turn on each other at some point, it was inevitable.

      • You can call me Al

        You say it was inevitable – do you not think that was the plan, when the Syrians and Russians buss loaded them off into the same place ? – just my view.

        • Peter Jennings

          Why not bus them off to camps or would that have been too comfy? Packing them off to a place they had already partly destroyed probably put them all in a bad mood to begin with. Demoralising to have to dwell in one’s own failure.

          Quite a few of their former colleagues are now fighting for the Syrian army. What’s left at the Alamo either forms under one fake banner or forever squabbles over who gets the Reeboks and dollars. Let’s hope the diehards come to their senses soon before they do.

          They can then spill the beans on who sent them, who paid them, who armed them, receipts, paper trails, etc.

          • Willing Conscience (The Truths

            They wouldn’t agree to go to camps , only areas that Assad had no control over, bad things can happen in camps run by the enemy who beat you.

  • R Trojson

    Has Turkey finally realized those terrorists they are protecting are setting up shop inside Turkey with plans to make Turkey the next Syria. Just like Syria, Turkey is led by a tyrannical absolute dictator who care not for his own people but only about his own power. Just like Syria, Turkey has a large Kurdish population that has been subjected to persecution, ethnically cleansing and genocide for hundreds of years. Just like Syria, ISIS is entrenched in Turkey. Just like Syria, many terrorist groups are active there, some are even provided safe haven. Just like Syria, Turkey is actively challenging the US, many times for no good reason.

    Just like Syria, Turkey will be destroyed and broken up into pieces parts. Let us count the ways, the Greeks love Turkey, the Kurds love Turkey, ISIS loves Turkey, Syria loves Turkey, USA loves Turkey, Iraq loves Turkey, Iran loves Turkey the 20 or so terrorists groups already in Turkey sure love Turkey, … it will be a love fest.

    • Brother Ma

      The Sultan just putting his bashi bouzouks in line so as to use them for the next bout of headchopping. Only one thing will straighten out the Turco alphabets; Russian Hot lead rain! Bring it on Putin.

    • Davki

      Right, only that they don’t really love each other but diabolically collude.

    • Willing Conscience (The Truths

      Turkey is going through a financial crisis that is causing massive problems for most Turks at home, all it would take is a military failure in Syria, coupled with worsening economic problems and Erdogan would either face spot elections and be booted out prematurely, or another coup that would be even more popularilly inspired than the last one was, and possibly successful the second time around. He’s not as invincible as the media make him out to be, he has a 60% popularity rating and those 60% absolutely love him, but the other 40% would hang him from the nearest tree if they could, a small change in his popularity could mean the difference between life and death for Erdogan.

  • Smaug

    I suppose there’s a long squabble associated with this with the locals thinking themselves solely as Syrian Rebels and not Ankara’s lackeys while Ankara thinks unity under a Syrian commander they like is more important than anything else. Either way, it’s still every man for himself over there.