Terrorists violated the ceasefire regime and launched dozens of rockets at the Sheikh Maqsood neighborhood.
According to local medics, at least, 14 civilians were killed and 50 other wounded in Tuesday, after a rocket attack in Syria’s Aleppo.
“Terrorists violated the ceasefire regime and launched dozens of rockets at the Sheikh Maqsood neighborhood. Fourteen civilians were killed, 50 were admitted to the hospital with injuries,” an employee at the local hospital told RIA Novosti.
Three residential buildings had been completely destroyed, added by him.
As the Syrian Army forces backed by Russian Aerospace Defense Forces have launched a wide-ranging operation to liberate the strategic town of Al-Eis in Aleppo province, the attacks on civilians by terrorists happened.
“As a preliminary phase of the operation, the Syrian and Russian fighter jets conducted several airstrikes over the terrorists’ positions and their fortification in Al-Eis, and the nearby village of Banes, hitting a number of targets to facilitate the advance of the ground forces,” the source said.
It is also reported that the Syrian forces have repeatedly repelled terrorist attacks in recent days and managed to kill a large number of them.
An agreement was negotiated by Russia and the United States regarding truce in Syria. Many suggest that Washington is among the main supporters of terrorists fighting against the Syrian government forces.
Nevertheless, the Arab country is currently observing an agreement for the cessation of hostilities which entered into force on February 27. The agreement stipulates the cessation of all military hostilities in Syria, except for the operations against ISIS terrorist group and al-Qaeda-linked al-Nusra Front militants.